Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stuck in the middle...



So this is one of the cutest things I've seen. This is called a Roborovski Hamster, and it the smallest of the hamster breeds. It only grows to about 4.5 centimeters!! AWWWW. That's like the size of my thumb. Ah so I want one now. I'll have to convince Zach to get one of these and not a hedgehog...eep!!

Anyhow!! So what was the last post about...ah St. Nick!! Still am very grateful for that package--wunderbar!! Zach got a package a few days later that was insane! It was huge, and I hope to snack on a few food items that were included in it...

These past few days have been intense. Classes are crazy, and projects are piling up...not to mention everybody else's stuff taking off!! Working in the CLC has its perks because I can work on homework if no one needs help--but this past week I've gotten no such work done. I got handed a 20-page paper the other day! TWENTY!! Oh man.

Me and Amanda's room, while it's messy, looks festive. I brought a mini Christmas tree to my room and decorated it and it's quite adorable. And tonight is "Joyce to the World"--I'M SO EXCITED!! It's so fun; there's hot chocolate, cider, crafts, a ugly sweater contest (! winner gets 50 bucks!), and President Joyce reads "The Night Before Christmas" to us all. Quite an evening. As a sorority we're going to that, but before we're going to going to have a "White Elephant Gift Exchange," so I gotta find something for that. It should be funny.

HMM what else is going on in good old Ripon? I guess just the heightened anticipation of the upcoming holidays...I do wish our exams were as last year--I loved being home for at least a week before Christmas and was able to get into the swing of things at home and have TIME for shopping and baking!! Grrr...

Zach and I came up with an idea to allow for the larger incoming classes that Ripon all of a sudden wants to have (I will not get into this topic too heavily for I may get heated :) )--provide houses for ALL of the Greek groups on campus!! Huh? Eh? Yeas??

Well--gotta go!

--Jules

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Do you have any idea by how much they are looking to increase the class size?

Jules said...

No idea, I heard by another hundred though? So bring the class up to 1200 instead of 1100, and that's up from 1000 when I came. I know it's not that big sounding, but for Ripon it is. I highly doubt they'll go through with increasing the size of the classes, though...I feel like there wouldn't be room! However, if such a thing happens...well I'll be grousing about it on the blog!