Monday, November 17, 2008

sorry! (and) Karma!

Oh I'm sorry for the week-long lapse. I fail at blogging every once and awhile. ((I was working! Just in the library where I was cutting up more letters and such. I don't think the admissions office has one of those awesome paper cutters??))

College Tip #8: NEVER ASSUME. Well, okay, almost never assume! Today I went to the library an hour before class, assuming that the assignment posted was going to be like ever other assignment--a few online readings and a short assignment. WAS I EVER WRONG. I log on to the "MyRipon portal" to find that I had over 70 pages of reading to do--SEVENTY. Oh dear. So yes.

I am sort of covered in scratches. One is on my knuckle that I just got--paper cut. But a bad one. They usually don't bleed so...The other is on my wrist from setting up things in my room. The other one, which is the worst one, is behind my right knee. It is quite possibly one of the worst places to get a cut--girls--have you ever gotten a razor cut there from shaving? OW major. Every step you take it is pain. What happened with this cut is that I was sitting sideways on my futon with Zach sitting normally, my legs over his. We were watching TV, me in my pajama shorts and a T-shirt, and I got up to make tea when the sharpened pencil sticking out of his pocket that I did not happen to see scratched up my leg and bore into my skin.

I now have an accidental tattoo.

Right before formal.

Naturally I got way upset--a chunk of wood and lead is in my leg! And Zach felt horrible.

However, the night of injury was not over. Once we found some antiseptic and band aids and I was all good, Zach attempted to sit down again on the futon and slipped, carving a nice scratch into his lower back with the edge of the futon's arm. It, he said, was karma.

::Sigh::. Still, I don't like the idea of having a grey dot at the back of my knee for years to come. Draw more attention to the weirdest part of your body? Nuh-uh. Rawr. Life goes on.

With a grey dot.

No comments: