Tuesday, September 9, 2008

TUuuuuuuuesday....(Amanda, I know that you'll appreciate this...)

Yet again I will call up on my freshman plea to have an actual rooster as an alarm clock.
Think of how perfect it would be. Not only would it be loud, but it would have no snooze button. It's fault-proof! Hitting it wouldn't shut it up.

In fact, attempting to hit it might initiate the next best thing about having a rooster for an alarm system--it will run away. Thus, you are forced to chase the god-feathered-darned thing around your room before it freaks out your roommate. And voila! You are out of bed and awake for the day.

I rest my case. So next year, I hope instead of pledging to not bring a car on campus and receiving a free bike, I will pledge to not bring an alarm clock and I better open my dorm room and find, free of charge, a clucking rooster on my desk.

You may gather from this that I had a little trouble waking up this morning. I did. And that was bad. My plans for a tousled, wavy-hair look went awry when I woke up two hours later than I had planned (if you don't know me, I have big hair and it takes FOR.EV.ER to do anything with it, but that's another story). I managed to get to classes on time, but no breakfast and no fun hairdo.

Luckily I was out of classes around 11 had have had time to unwind and de-stress from my crazy morning. But right after work...no right after dinner...no right after a sorority meeting...I can start my homework. And then go to work again.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

No comments: