Thursday, April 9, 2009

Yesterday...

I went with my modern art history class to the Chicago Art Institute! It was amazing. I have not been to an art museum like that in a long, long time. It was so big!! So many rooms, so many themes, so many countries and mediums and centuries....ah! I was very much blown away. The coolest thing was to see pieces up close and personal that we had actually talked about in class, and then to see other works by those same artists. I hung out with Sarah Cummings all day, and I kept dragging her here and there going "Oh! There's one!"

A wunderbar day. Though the bus driver took the most convoluted route home--it took way longer than it should have, and it was awfully cramped on that bus.

Tonight is initiation for our newest member Sarah Wimmer! She's adorable, and she pranked our floor last night. The bathroom is ENTIRELY covered in sticky notes. The stalls, the doors, the toilets themselves, the sinks, the mirrors...it was a wild sight this morning.

I am rather sick, however. I can't talk too well currently (I sound slightly froggish) and am coughing. I made it to the CLC this morning to open it (it seems all rather hazy now though!!) and needed to rest a bit before coming to admissions....and I slept forever on accident!! I feel bad, but I will be here as long as I can be to make up for lost hours. Oh goodness!
But anyway...I guess the constant eating of oranges and taking of vitamins and such didn't do too much to ward off my cold. Siiiiigh.

::Much later::...Eating an orange! Maybe this is the one to save me from my cold!! I doubt it, though... :-( .

No comments: